Buzzings from a quilter who bumbles her way through life!

Friday, August 13, 2010

My Block Has Been Chosen!

The block I submitted

     I had the honor yesterday of learning that my block will be one of 24 chosen by the Texas Department of Agriculture for their "Texas Wildlife: Adventure Awaits" quilt. This quilt will first be displayed at the State Fair in the fall and then will be made a part of their traveling display. I am so anxious to see what the finished quilt will look like. When the contest was announced, I sent in an application along with $12 and received a packet of fabric to use, including the background fabric. There were guidelines such as size, how much of the prechosen fabrics should be used or must be used, etc.  We also had a square of wool and one of leather that had to be incorporated. I used those in the cattails. If designing it again, I would give the bass more fluid lines and make him twist a little, but at the time I was happy to get my block made and submitted before the deadline. I guess there will always be "I wish I had done this like this......." moments. That's part of striving to do better. In the meantime, I'm thrilled to have been chosen in this great state!
Now I'm going to go celebrate the 102 birthday of the lady who inspired me to quilt - my grandmother! I know she will be proud!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I think your designs are always winners! So proud of you.

    ReplyDelete

You can leave your comment here! (I'm so sorry, but if you are an Anonymous commenter, your comment will not publish. This is because of the huge amounts of spam that I have received from anonymous sources.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...